Ragi idli is a very healthy option for breakfast. Quick to make, super easy to serve. RagiIdli will sure be a healthy alternative to our regular idli to make it more nutritious,you can add veggies like green peas, carrot, and french beans etc.served with coconut chutney. Ragi is an enriching millet full of calcium, fiber and protein.making it perfect for vegetarian diets. It cools the body and controls ‘pitta’ related problems according to Ayurveda. Ragi idli is light, nutritious and packed with health proactive compounds. Enhance your daily diet by adding ragi to your breakfast. Ingredients:
- 1/2 cups Ragi Flour / Finger Millet Flour
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Sooji/Rava
- 1/2 cup Curd/Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Water or as needed
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl add ragi flour, semolina, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the yogurt to the flour mixture.
- Add water little by little and make a batter.
- Set them aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the batter once and add water if needed. The batter consistency should be like a normal idli batter consistency.
- Finally, add baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Immediately fill the greased idli plates with the prepared batter and steam cook for 8-10 minutes over a high flame.
Recipe submitted by